About


Welcome, hi, good day, hello, what's up?! I'm the Sketchwhale!
I make games, talk about them, draw comics and post sketches.

torsdag den 14. juni 2012

The Tree of Life

I just saw Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life. I should jot down some thoughts, since it was touching. I wanted to start out by saying that I want to avoid stating the obvious allusions the movie gives rise to. But the more I think about it, it's not just that I want to avoid doing this. It seems imperative to avoid. Because to me, that was the movies intent: avoid stating the obvious, because for this film, the obvious is important and so fragile, that simply exclaiming it, will make it crumble. Fortunately, since it is the obvious, everyone hopefully understands what I'm trying to avoid talking about. That was the brilliance of Tree of Life, to me.

I expected a very difficult and heavy film, so I actually put off watching it for some weeks. I had a hard time figuring out when I was ready to watch a movie such as this. When you feel like feeling deep?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar